We are thrilled to introduce the NEM Awards, new competition for the best drama TV series from the CEE. The winner will be chosen by jury members from countries outside of the CEE (mostly high-capacity production countries) to ensure the fairness in rating the submission. NEM Awards honors outstanding content from the CEE based on both artistic and technical merit.
This competition presents a remarkable opportunity to showcase the immense creative potential that exists within the CEE. Every applicant who submits their TV series to the NEM Zagreb competition will win valuable exposure and networking opportunities, regardless of whether they are selected as a finalist or a winner. Click here for more details about the prizes.
In partnership with Creative Europe, we are dedicated to fostering collaboration, amplifying our creative voices, and bolstering the global presence of the exceptional TV series produced within the CEE.
- All TV series that have been broadcast or streamed in the CEE (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- First episode of the TV series that has been premiered between September 15th, 2022 and October 15th, 2023
- The competition is open to all scripted drama TV series produced in the CEE (co-productions are eligible if the major co-production partner is from the CEE)
Rating process and jury
- The NEM Awards jury is constituted of top professionals in the AV industry from countries outside of the CEE to ensure the fairness in rating the submission
- The entire rating process is done through our website
- Rating of the submissions will be done in 5 different categories: Idea, Monetization, Cast, Screenplay and Audiovisual presentation
- After the jury submits their votes, on November 28th, organizers will notify the finalists of their status and welcome them to the NEM Awards ceremony on NEM Zagreb 2023, where the final ranking of the top 3 submissions will be announced
- The right for submission is obtained if the Organizer and the Applicant agrees in writing or if the Applicant fill in the form here
- The submission deadline is November 2nd, 2023, 11:59 p.m. No right of participation at the Event will be granted in case the TV series hasn’t been submitted on time
- Each author or co/author and/or broadcaster can submit multiple TV series, but only one can go through to the top 10 in the competition
- Material must be submitted by the author or co-author and/or broadcaster
- The Applicant has to have the right of sharing the project. The Organizer is not responsible if the author or co-author and/or broadcaster have not mutually agreed on the application
- The submission will consist of sending one episode of choice that will best represent the whole series
- The episode must be submitted with burned in English subtitles
- The submission must be accompanied by a synopsis, a cast list, and a crew list which will be visible to all NEM Zagreb official website visitors
- The episode will be published via Vimeo link on NEM Zagreb official website but accessible only to jury members
- Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners’ names for publicity and promotions with no additional compensation
- Participation in NEM Awards implies that all applicants fully agree with the Terms and Conditions for participating in the competition